1) 3.0 I can write to learn about Chinese history
2) 3.6 I can use academic vocabulary in my writing
- Do Now
- Vocab pictures Refresh Bower Rebellion
- Quick write 1
- Quiz quiz trade
- Review book calendar
- Use Quizlet to study for vocabulary formative assessment (Thursday) Or use Link to spelling words
- complete the “Finsh that sentence” sheet
- Finish chapter 2 from "Ties That Bind Ties That Break" by Friday
Today, we started our schedule like always, first we finished our Do Now, then we discussed it with our partners, and then we discussed the Do Now as a whole. The Do Now was about the Lit Circles we did yesterday and how the groups work.
Later on we played a quick and fun game to learn and study the spelling words for the test tomorrow. For the game we had to match all the pictures that Ms. Vallillo gave us with the vocabulary words in Quizlet. These are the words from "Ties That Bind" and "The Boxer Rebellion".
After that we started discussing about the Boxers Rebellion, how it could have been prevented, and who was more affected afterwards.
Moving on with the class we started a really cool activity called Quick write 1. This is an activity in wich you get to act like a person from 1900, when the Boxers atacted the forgeiners, and write a letter about what you are going to do to your family. There aree two options you could act like a chinese that wants to become a boxer or a forgeiner missionary that is traped in China in middle of the Rebellion.
|Victoria, Nina, and Leilani discussing|
This was all we did today and there were no shout outs :( :(
But we did get some scholar swag!!! :) :)
If you have any difficulies with links please tell me!!!
Please Comment :)